Guardians Of The City Of Taj
We take seriously our role as ‘guardians of the CITY OF TAJ‘ so whilst contributing to the development of HISTORICAL CITY in AGRA we are committed to protecting the environment that we work in and act as responsible tourism leaders. We ensure that all our treks cause minimal environmental impact, that we act respectfully towards the local culture and wherever possible make sure the local community shares the benefits of History and tourism.
FOLLOWING POINTS SHOULD BE FOLLOWED FOR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM:
- Take permission from the local people before photographing them or their property.
- Put your rubbish in the garbage bins and give the organic waste to your guesthouse or some other people who have animals to feed.
- Don’t waste and pollute the water.
- Keeping all pollutants and garbage away from watercourses and put them at the disposal site .
- Try to avoid plastic bottles and plastic bags it already bans in Ladakh.
- Prefer dishes made from local products and which are of organic.
- Try to avoid water flush toilets and prefer Ladakhi style compost toilets.
- Try to use of bio-degradable and natural products such as soaps and detergents.
- Buy local products for snacks like dried apricots, applesand ladakhi biscuits.
- Use ecological soap and wash yourself a little away from the river as the water is used for drinking in many villages.
- Be sensitive to when and where you take photos and video of people.
- Do not urinate or defecate near water or in the fields.
- Try to make as little environmental impact as possible in this part of India and help to sustain the indigenous populace.
- Respect the natural environment. Never touch or harass animals. Always follow designated trails.
- Support conservation by paying entrance fees to parks and protected sites.
- Never buy crafts or products made from protected or endangered animals.
- Do not leave any litter along trekking routes or on camp sites.
- Take your shoes off before entering a monastery.
- Do not touch the statues or thangkas at monasteries and refrain from smoking on the premises.
- Don’t use flash photography inside monasteries as the flash tends to damage the color of the frescoes inside.
- Wear sun hat, sunglasses and sunscreen at all times, as the sun is extremely sharp at this high altitude.
- Do not make public displays of affection.